Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Castaspella
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,966
Message 1 of 2

ThinkCentre M710q BIOS Restore

Good Afternoon,

I have about 300 of the ThinkCentre M710q coming my way and I have been trying to setup an automated process to update the BIOS as well as import BIOS settings.  These machines are being setup with Win7 Enterprise and will Legacy PXE boot.

So far I am able to update the bios without an issue.  However I am not able to apply settings to the BIOS using the CFGWIN tool.  I am able to capture the settings, but upon restoring them I recieve the error:

Restore Failed:  "Secure Boot,Disabled;[OptionalSmiley Very Happyisabled,Enabled;". (MFGDone Set but Password not input or error)

These are fresh machines out of the box with no passwords set for the BIOS.  They also have had their BIOS updated to the most current version.

Has anyone else ran into this?  I also tried doing the same thing using the SRWIN.exe utility to export to a dat file, an I get the error:

The input password is not correct.

Return Code 40000001h

Please let me know if you have run into this and perhaps found a solution/work around.

Thank you!

Michael

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,936
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkCentre M710q BIOS Restore

For system mgmt questions like this, I suggest you use the 'Enterprise Client Mgmt' forum, under 'Software and OS' on the right side.  Thx. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors