Did you mean: 
ModernMike
What's DOS?
Views: 1,045
Message 1 of 2

ThinkCentre M710q unable to image with Window image

Hello All,

I am looking for someone who can help me with imaging ThinkCentre M710q:

1. I have created a Windows image to USB Hard Drive from Backup and Restore and also created a system repair disc via DVD disk.

2. I have booted up using F12 and selecting to boot CD/DVD USB where the system repair disc is.

3. From there when I go to select recover system image and I have an image on the external hard drive but it does not see it.

The question is...is there a way I can get image on M710qs or am I missing something in the BIOS settings?

Please let me know, thanks for your help.

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,026
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkCentre M710q unable to image with Window image

I strongly suggest you abandon the use of MS Windows Image technique for performing this functionality.  It is feature-weak.  To be honest I haven't used it since Win7 first came out in 2009, but for example it can only create one "image" backup per target volume (e.g. internal drive partition).

Instead, I highly recommend you use extremely highly rated 3rd-party Macrium Reflect Free V6 (which, for example, supports multiple "image" backups per volume, standalone recovery from image backups either on the Boot Manager menu or from standalone bootable USB or CD/DVD, etc.).

It is easy to use and intuitive, feature-strong (and free)... unless you want to support the very fine product by paying for the non-free V7 Home Edition which does have additional features (including file/folder "data" backups, vendor support should you need it, etc.) that in my opinion certainly justify its modest price.

Honestly... give Macrium Reflect a try.  You won't go back to the Windows version of "image".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors