Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmartin
What's DOS?
Views: 203
Message 1 of 1

ThinkCentre M715q Causing IP Phones to Disconnect

Hello All,

We have installed about 30+ of these desktops into our CallCenter. Each workstation's Network setup looks like:

Wall Port ---> Cisco IP Phone 7941 ---> m715q Desktop

On about 10 or so of these desktops we have been having some networking issues. When we connect these Desktop PCs to the "PC Port" of the Cisco IP Phone, within a few seconds the IP Phone looses all network connectivity and the desktop is never able to get a network connection via an Ethernet connection.

I have tried different versions of the NIC firmware with no change. The strange part is, it's only with a handful of these desktops that are seeing this issue. If I go to one of these workstations and I disconnect the Ethernet cable from the m715q the phone instantly regains network connectivity within about 5 seconds. Plugging the cable back into the desktop and the connection again drops. I've also taken other m715q's that don't seem to be having the issue and plug it in at a workstation that was having the issue, it does not appear to happen for that desktop.

If I try plugging my T470 laptop into the same Ethernet cable of one of the problem workstatsions, the phone remains connected and my laptop gets a wired connection successfully.

Has anyone else seen this issue or know what the issue could be with this?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors