Paper Tape
Views: 2,146
Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre M715q quite noisy

Device: M715Q

Bios Version: M11Kt39A

Bios Release: 09/18/2017

Hi everyone.

Today I've received a new ThinkCentre M715q device to test. When I turn it on it started making a really disruptive noise with its fan. After entering the BIOS I've found the system ICE (Intelligent Cooling Engine), it had enabled by default "Better Acoustic Performance".

I tried all the three modes Better Acoustic Performance | Better Thermal Performance | Full Speed and the three of them seems to be the same noise.

I've recorded the audio here to have a better understanding of the problem, the noise is really loud and distracting. The first seconds were recorded to have a reference before turning on the device, turned it on and then after a few seconds running I've shutdown it.

lenovo_m715q.jpg

davidhelfgott
Paper Tape
Views: 2,095
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M715q quite noisy

Update: I've updated the BIOS version.

After becoming administrator in the Windows 7 Embed (By Logging Out while pressing left shift until the administrator account appeared) and with the password (000000) I went to the website of lenovo, searched for my model ,downloaded the latest update for the BIOS, and installed It:

update_bios_1.jpgBIOS description values changed to:

Bios Revision Level: M11KT42A

Bios date: 03/08/2018

Embedded Controller version: M11CT07A

The problem of M715Q being noisy persists.

davidhelfgott
Paper Tape
Views: 2,046
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M715q quite noisy

After opening the device and removing the serial port it was clear that the fan cable was partially disconnected.

Once the fan was connected correctly and the device restarted it worked as expected, the noise is gone.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors