Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
reditguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 689
Message 1 of 17

ThinkCentre M720s w/ GT 730: how to connect 3 & 4 high res monitors (DP, enable Intel graphics)

Hi, I am looking for a video card that will fit in a  PCIe x1 slot in a Lenovo M720s, I think it needs to be low profile and half length or something, any suggestions?

Mod:  edited Subject line to add system type and expand problem description

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 673
Message 2 of 17

Re: Video card suggestion needed

Do you mean the x16 slot?  because I'm not aware of any video / graphics cards for a x1 slot. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
reditguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 669
Message 3 of 17

Hi, no I do mean in the x1 slot...reason being I need a setup that will support 3 monitors with DP and/or HDMI ports and the current video card in the x16 slot only supports two....if there is an option that supports 3 in the x16 slot thats fine too.

The issue with the onboard is the VGA port, which won't support anything past 1920x1080 and our monitors are 2560x1440

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 659
Message 4 of 17

If you have the Lenovo GT 730 dual DP graphics card, enabling this feature (yes, it's factory tested & known to work with M910 and M920), will give you 4 ports of DP that will support the higher resolution you want. 

Enabling multiple monitor support - ThinkCentre

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
reditguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 649
Message 5 of 17

So I definitely have the GT730 but I don't see the 'Multi-Monitor Support' option in the BIOS....and I'm pretty sure I have the latest BIOS, I'm double checking but if I do, what do you think could be the issue?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 644
Message 6 of 17

You must select 'IGP' first, then 'Multi-Monitor Support' becomes avail. 

Update:  The process is a bit different for M720.  Enter BIOS setup, then Video setup, select 'IGP', save and exit.  Connect a monitor to the motherboard video ports, and boot into Windows.  Ensure you have Windows displayed correctly, do another Restart back into Windows (to ensure the video driver is loading.)   Restart, and enter BIOS setup, change video setting back to 'Auto' (to re-enable the graphics card), save and exit.  Boot into Windows, and all 4 DisplayPort (DP) ports and VGA port should now be active. 

Important:  verify that the version of driver for the Intel UHD 630 graphics, is the same as what is up on the Lenovo driver download page for your system.  Otherwise, download and manually install. 

reditguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 642
Message 7 of 17

Ok will try, what should I set the pre-allocated mem size as? I am assuming its for the onboard?

reditguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 637
Message 8 of 17

So it is set to IGD but I don't see that option.  I ran through Lenovo Vantage and updated whatever was available.  Thoughts?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 635
Message 9 of 17

For the max memory, that should be the default.  It will typically dynamically allocate more that that, this just what is reserved for only graphics use, if memory space gets tight. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 630
Message 10 of 17

OK.  So there is a deference between your M720 and a M920, I did not know that.  Just to be clear, you want to connect 3 monitors at 2560 x 1440?  Using DP?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors