Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
old_thinkcentre
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 1 of 2

ThinkCentre M720t vs ThinkStation P330 tower

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a decent Desktop tower PC that will last me at least 7 years of home use as well as some light video editing and use as a home file server, with a budget of around USD700. Right now I've set my sights on the M720 Tower and the P330 Tower, which I configured to $537 and $643 respectively. Apart from FlexBay, ThinkStation software and a better Wi-Fi card, what am I missing out on on the M720? Or are there any other options in the Think range ?

Considerations 

Reliability. I still use my old ThinkCentre A57 from 2008 almost every day, and I expect this new PC to last at least this Long.

Future-proof: I'm looking at mostly high-er end models because I want the specs to be usable 7 years later. 

Expandability: At least 3 SATA ports and at least 3 PCIe slots.

Any opinion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 141
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkCentre M720t vs ThinkStation P330 tower

The M920t would be a closer comparison to the P330 tower.   One of the biggest differences between the three models is the power supply options, and therefore which graphics cards that can be installed.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors