Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
droberson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,447
Message 1 of 5

ThinkCentre M73 BIOS installation instructions

Hello,

I wanted to update my BIOS, but the instructions call for execution of FCJYxxUSA.exe which is not in the download.  Anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,421
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkCentre M73 BIOS installation instructions

If you are trying to update using the "Flash UEFI BIOS update (Flash from operating system version)  EXE 3.6MB" ) method, the file downloaded is called fcjy83usa.exe   

When you select Download now, it should prompt you for a location to save the file, but default it will normally be saved in your downloads folder.

If you are using the .ISO method, it has its own readme.txt instructions.

Cheers,

droberson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,412
Message 3 of 5

That's what the instructions say, and there is a download for the package, which unpacks to the location you mention, but it does not have that program in it. The next download, below the instructions, is a utility fcjw83usa.exe.  The instructions are not clear about where to get the program, and if it is from a subsequent download, it's just not there.  I have to respect the details here if I'm going to mess with BIOS.

Thanks for helping.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,404
Message 4 of 5

When you select Download now, it should prompt you for a location to save the file, but default it will normally be saved in your downloads folder.

If you are using the .ISO method, it has its own readme.txt instructions.

I have a M73 also, and updated to the latest ver. 83 BIOS a month ago.  I only update using the CD ISO method, as it uses a standalone installer, bypassing the installed OS and all it's complications, making it inherently more reliable. 

Download the CD ISO file and burn onto a CD, boot from that CD, answer No when asked if you want to change the serial or model number (since you're not replacing the motherboard), and follow the directions, be patient. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
droberson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,400
Message 5 of 5

Thanks BiggAl. Your response sounds convincing. I'm not a fan of all the Lenovo baggage, but prefer very direct updating as well. I only installed the new chipset drivers from the support site, and updated the display and network from Device Mgr.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors