Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaarigar
What's DOS?
Views: 660
Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre M800 desktop extra hard disk installation

I need to install extra hard disks into ThinkCenter M800 desktop. There is one drive bay at the bottom and I think there are two drive bays at the top. The one at thebottom is same as the one drive bay that is having the drive that came with the system. But the two top drive bays are kind of much wider. What do I need to install harddisks into these drive bays? Do I need some special part to install harddisks into the drive bays? Any help is much appreciated.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 631
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M800 desktop extra hard disk installation

It sounds like what you are looking for is a 5.25 inch to 3.5 inch adapter if you are seeking to install a HD below the CD/DVD in the 5.25" bay.

You have a couple of choices, you can go with the official Thinkserver adapter  FRU 0C19514 which would replace the cover plate beneath the CD/DVD, and includes its own cooling fan for the HD for about 40 bucks, or if this is not a fileserver, you could just get a set of 3.5 inch to 5.25 brackets for about 4 bucks; mount the brackets with screws to the side of the HD, and secure the bracket in the 5.25 inch bay with screws.'

FYI  Most good local computer shops would have the 3.5" to 5.25 drive bay adapters in stock.

Good Luck,

kaarigar
What's DOS?
Views: 603
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M800 desktop extra hard disk installation

Thanks for your quick reply. The 3.5 to 5.25 brackets you mention should do the trick.  Would the FRU0C19514 which is meant for ThinkServer fir in the ThinkCentre? Thanks again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors