cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidYWY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 541
Message 1 of 15

ThinkCentre M800z Terrible FAN Noise!!!!!!

Hi 

I just got my ThinkCentre800z. All is fine except the fan noise! It almost drives me crazy!In BIOS, I already already put to "acoustic", but the noise is still there! Anyone could help me solve this problem?Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 491
Message 2 of 15

Re: ThinkCentre M800z Terrible FAN Noise!!!!!!

Forgive the late reply, did you get this resolved?   If not, can you give me the BIOS version and date, and OS details? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
DavidYWY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 478
Message 3 of 15

Hi,

The bios version is: FVKT42AUS

Date is: 04/13/2016

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 471
Message 4 of 15

Can you update to version 43 of the BIOS?     And report back is there's a difference.   Thx!

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
DavidYWY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 465
Message 5 of 15

Hi,

I just updated my bios to version43, but nothing changed.....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 462
Message 6 of 15

Thanks for trying.  You could install a temperature monitoring program, like HWMonitor (free version), to see if temp is abnormal and causing the fan to run hard, but I suspect there's a hardware problem, and you should call tech support for service.  

DavidYWY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 444
Message 7 of 15

Hi,

Thanks for your help. But now a new problem comes out. When I restart my computer, it says bios error, machine type or serial number is invalid. I think it is due to my bios update. Could you please help me solve this problem? Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 437
Message 8 of 15

When you did the update, did you select yes, and enter anything when it asked about changing the model/serial numbers?

DavidYWY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 431
Message 9 of 15

no. I did not make any change

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 421
Message 10 of 15

OK.   At the very bottom of the BIOS download page are downloads for the prior release, the one you were running previously.  

I suggest you download that (version 42) CD ISO image, burn a CD, and flash back to the original version.   Thx. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors