Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudiptadas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,471
Message 1 of 2

ThinkCentre M82 SFF Fan Noise

Hi Everyone,

When I received my new ThinkCentre M82 SFF desktop (July 2013) I noticed that the fan runs at high speed all the time and it creates continuous hum and vibration. As soon as the desktop is switched on the fans start running very fast. I was expecting a quiet machine like the work station I use at my office. After complaining to Lenovo, they promptly replaced it with a new one. I am quite happy with the service quality.

But the new desktop also has a fan noise problem. I am a software developer and work for hours on computers. The  constatnt fan noise is a big irritation. I installed a software called SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) but it doesn't show any fan speed control options (there is no configuration that matches M82 for SpeedFan).

Is there any other software I can use to modify ThinkCentre M82 fan speeds? Does Lenovo provide or recommend a fan control software?

I am not a hardware expert, so can't open the desktop and chnage anything inside it.

I will really appreciate, if anyone can direct me towards a solution.

Thanks,

Sudipta 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,449
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkCentre M82 SFF Fan Noise

I had a similar problem with my M91, there isn't any software that can control the fan speed as far as I know. I solved it by replacing the fan, or you can install a fan controller (hardware.) Both involve working inside the system.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors