cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leean
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,903
Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre M83 Tiny: Upgraded processor to Xeon E3-1275L V3 (CPU)

Hi All

I'm not sure that my current Lenovo M83 tiny model 10E9-CTR1WW with Q85 chipset support CPUs other than the CPU data sheet on http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkCentre/ThinkCentre_M83_Tiny  --  the current CPU shipped with my M83tiny is i5-4590T, i've checked on ebay there are alot of Intel Haswell XEON with  LGA 1150 that support.

I wondered if any one here already upgrade XEON chip and kae with worked without issues, then please share me your experiences on doing it.

the one i plan to upgrade is Intel Xeon E3-1275L v3 2.7GHz (3.9GHz) 8MB 5.0GT/s SR1T7 LGA 1150 , or Intel Xeon E3-1240L v3 2.0GHz (3.0GHz) 8MB 5.0GT/s SR1T7 LGA 1150. they seems to be identical physical informations with my current 4590T except 10 watt higher

BTW , does the XEON CPU come with integrated video card ?

I don't know if i can do this upgrade. Anyone can give me some hints?

Many thanks for your help

Mod:  edited Subject line to add processor model number

leean
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,809
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo M83 tiny CPU upgrade ?

Update:
After put the XEON E3 1275L V3 to M83 with latest BIOS update, the M83 recognise the XEON CPU and display correctly on BIOS information.

no need to use the 90W power adaptor since the original 65W adaptor is good enough to handle this 45W XEON chip, 

I do the stress test with seige-win for > 4hours on this M83 tiny with XEON , it did very well job without any sign of exhausted, the benchmark test show it is nearly double compare with the default core i5-4590T.
No more hotter than the core i5.

I bought the lenovo 90W  power adaptor with 29.99$ on ebay ( may be a fake one from china) but it seem to overheated than the 65W lenovo adaptor, so should not buy this 90W, ( Lenovo sells this at 69,99$ , so take this one if you can)

Mod:  corrected the i5 model number from 4950T

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 229
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo M83 tiny CPU upgrade ?

Be aware that the Xeon comes with the basic Intel HD graphics versus the HD 4600 of the i7-4785T, which is roughly twice as good.  If what you are doing is much more processor intensive than graphical, then the Xeon would be better, otherwise this i7 may be better overall.  And it seems to me the demands on graphics is continues at a faster rate than for general processing. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors