Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BadTuna
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 1 of 4

ThinkCentre M90p: clean Win 10 install freezes

Puchased 2 Think Centres from a local university. No operating system on either. Tried installing Win 10 with media creation tool on flash drive then the ISO on DVD. The Windows logo comes on the screen and freezes. After about a min, it says something went wrong and restarts only to the same result. Someone said I need drivers but can you install drivers without an operating system installed? the units originally had Win 7.  

Mod:  edited Subject line to add system type

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 146
Message 2 of 4

Re: Think Centre M series clean Win 10 install freezes

Your systems may not be supported for Windows 10, you can check here:  Windows 10 Upgrade - Supported System List

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
BadTuna
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 3 of 4

Ok, these are both M5498A's which are not listed. So does that mean I can only install Win 7 or can I upgrade the processors and then install Win 10? What are my options?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 102
Message 4 of 4

I believe these are M90p Tower, model 5498     Detailed specifications - ThinkCentre M90p (3282, 3652, 5450, 5498, 5852, 6590)

The only processors known to work are listed in the specs above, and in the HMM if any added during it's production run, all are a couple of generations before official Win 10 support.  Win 7, 8, and 8.1 are supported. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors