Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayBCTTech
Token Ring
Views: 2,244
Message 1 of 2

ThinkCentre M910q M.2 SATA SSD Not Detected by BIOS

Hi Lenovo Community, a have an M910q 10MV0012US Tiny. I'm trying to clone an existing OS on an NVMe M.2 SSD to an M.2 SATA SSD (Lenovo PN 00JT082), it appears to reimage successfully to the drive which is showing in the software. However, the drive isn't showing up as a boot option in the BIOS and I can't boot from the SSD. So then I tried reinstalling Windows 10 fresh on it, and it looks like it installed ok and does appear in Windows installation media, but again, can't boot from it.

Now, I did read on a forum topic for (I think) a M710, that it only supports NVMe drives and not M.2 SATA. Wondering if it is the same with the M910 desktop. Am I correct in this case, does it not support bootable M.2 SATA drives? If so, let me know.

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,207
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkCentre M910q M.2 SATA SSD Not Detected by BIOS

Now, I did read on a forum topic for (I think) a M710, that it only supports NVMe drives and not M.2 SATA. Wondering if it is the same with the M910 desktop. Am I correct in this case, does it not support bootable M.2 SATA drives? If so, let me know.

Yes.  M910q is the same as M710q in this respect.  M.2 PCIe x4 peformance is several times what M.2 SATA performance is. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors