Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illiad1975
Paper Tape
Views: 556
Message 1 of 5

ThinkCentre M910q and older monitors

We just setup 6 M910q's at a client's site, and we're having so many problems getting anything on the monitors. They are older Samsung monitors, but not all the same. We've also tried a Dell and an Acer monitor. All the monitors have DV-I and VGA inputs, no DP or HDMI. We've tried different DP to VGA and DP to DV-I adapters, and all with the same result. 3 of the 6 machines were working with the DP to VGA adapters connected to the DP port closest to the power connector. When we tried to conenct a second DP to DV-I or even DP to VGA adapter to the next DP port, we either got no signal at the monitor, or the monitor would come on, flash lines of black, then lose the signal. It just cycled through that sequence. When we tried the third DP port, no signal at all on the monitors. Like I said, this was happening on 6 different M910q's, about 10 different adapters (different brands, active and passive), and 5 different monitors. We then plugged the non-working setup from the second DP to the first DP, the monitor came on with a signal. At my desk when I setup the computers, I have an older Dell monitor with only VGA and DV-I, and I had no problems with a signal. My monitor never lost the signal.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, is there any working fix short of telling the client they need to purchase new monitors? We have USB to VGA adapters on them at the moment, which work fine, but that is by no means a fix. Just a temporary band-aid.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you,

David

53peterson
Paper Tape
Views: 553
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkCenter M910q and older monitors

Hey can you help me? I see how to reply to a post, but have my own issue to post and do not see how to post on this forum.  Thank you

illiad1975
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 3 of 5

Re: ThinkCenter M910q and older monitors

At the top, find the forum to post to. At the top of the forum, click on the link to START A NEW TOPIC
Sprice2
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 4 of 5

Re: ThinkCentre M910q and older monitors

Hi did you find a solution to this problem?  I'm experiencing the same issue

illiad1975
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 5 of 5

Re: ThinkCentre M910q and older monitors

Unfortuntely, I have not. I've not found any solutions, so I've been using a USB to DVI or USB to VGA adapter when I encounter this. It's not a fix because it doesn't work outside of Windows, but it's a band-aid.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors