Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snapper2
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 1 of 5

ThinkCentre M910x Tiny BIOS upgrade failure and no Boot

I was updating the BIOS for my M910x Tiny via system update, the program just started then suddenly some system notification popped up and my mouse wouldn't move, as the BIOS upgrade window under Windows 10 also seemed frozen. I know it was my fault that I didn't wait long enough but just pressed the power button to shut down the machine, so when I power it up again I can only hear repeatedly 2 short beeps and the system couldn't boot anymore.

So is there any solution I can fix the BIOS? I've seen the Clear CMOS/Recovery jumper method on other model, but not sure what is the correct procedure on M910x yet. Thanks for any help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 540
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkCentre M910x Tiny BIOS upgrade failure and no Boot

Snapper2 wrote:   I've seen the Clear CMOS/Recovery jumper method on other model, but not sure what is the correct procedure on M910x yet.

Looking at the HMM for the M910x (and M910q), I was unable to find any information on the Recovery jumper.  I suggest you call Lenovo Tech Support to assist you.   Create the recovery media before you do, with the file from the BIOS download page, in the case of a M910x, on a USB drive.   Please let us know, what the process winds up being.  Thx. 

RickLiTech
Paper Tape
Views: 525
Message 3 of 5

Hello Snapper2. Sorry for not helping to slove your question here. But I looked whole community, this is the post that most related to my issue here. I just got M910x Tiny today, I am trying to change boot menu from BIOS, but it always gives me black screen when I press F1 while booting. No Lenovo logo display as well. Tried both Display ports to HDMI. How do you get to BIOS screen?

Sorry for the interruption.

Snapper2
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 4 of 5

Hi Rick, to be honest I cannot remember how I entered BIOS before, it should be either F2 or Del, but I’m not sure now.

Snapper2
Paper Tape
Views: 499
Message 5 of 5

Hi BiggAl, thanks a lot for your suggestion, I also tried HMM and as you said there’s no info about recovery jumper, will try to see if I can get any help from Lenovo.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors