Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bdStar90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,801
Message 1 of 5

ThinkCentre M910x Tiny with Tiny-in-One: How to Plug-In Dual Monitors

Hi,

I just bought the M910X tiny desktop and 2 identical Lenovo ThinkCentre monitors. I installed the desktop into one of the monitors, which works fine. How do I connect the second monitor to the PC? It seems like the DisplayPort showing on the back of the monitor is only for plugging a separate device into the screen, not video out to a second monitor from the PC. Is that right?

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Thank you

Mod:  edited Subject line to add "Tiny-in-One"

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,761
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to Plug-In Dual Monitors (ThinkCentre M910X Tiny)

I just bought the M910X tiny desktop and 2 identical Lenovo ThinkCentre monitors. I installed the desktop into one of the monitors, which works fine. How do I connect the second monitor to the PC?

When you say "installed into a monitor", it's a Tiny-in-One monitor?  It would help to know which model.  Pretty sure you would need to connect the 2nd monitor direct to the Tiny itself, is there a way to do that with it installed in the monitor? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
bdStar90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,734
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Yes, it's a Tiny In One monitor. They are both the ThinkCentre TIO 21.5" Touch Monitor.

I actually got the second monitor to work, although it's not perfect. The DisplayPort that's visible on the bottom of the PC unit when it's "snapped' into the slot on the back of the monitor is only for video "in" connections (e.g., plugging a BluRay player into the display). I was able to flip open the plastic cover on the left side of the box and plug the other monitor into the DisplayPort there, next to the USB ports. It's a tight fit for the connector, and a little bit awkward to snap the plastic cover shut over it, especially with the placement of the WiFi antenna right next to it. But it does work.

Does anyone know if that's OK to do? I also saw that Lenovo makes an actual dual monitor stand -- has anyone tried it? I assume it solves this problem, and maybe it's better for saving desk space with dual monitors.

Thank you!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,730
Message 4 of 5

Would a version of a right-angle, 90 degree DP adapter, like the ones shown here, help?

f-dp right-angle.png

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
bdStar90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,726
Message 5 of 5

Yes, some of those look slightly narrower. They might fit just right. Thank you -- I will try to order one or two of those and see what fits!

One more question: I noticed that the TouchScreen only works on the monitor that is actually plugged into the desktop ("AIO" mode instead of the second monitor on DisplayPort mode). Does anyone know if it's possible to use touchscreen on both screens?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors