cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gstarnes55
Not applicable
Views: 231
Message 1 of 1

ThinkCentre M91p SFF: Amazon refurb buying experience; Memory RAM Capacity and Type

I recently (November 2018) purchased the following system through Amazon: 

Lenovo ThinkCentre Premium High Performance M91P Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5 Quad-Core Processor 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home (Certified Refurbished) (This is the product description from the Amazon website.) 

From the Lenovo support website, their lookup tool gave me the following info specific to my PC:

Serial #: xxxxxxxx

Machine Type Model:  7033A25

According to www.datamemorysystems.com the maximum capacity is 16GB.

And the memory type is: 4 x 4GB DDR3-1333 (PC3-10600)  512x64  CL9  1.5v  240pin  DIMM

I provide this information for the benefit of others who need this info and to see if anyone disagrees before I go out and buy it.

Thanks and good luck,

gstarnes55

Here's just a little background info:

(This post is not a complaint.  So far, I'm happy with the PC.  It has a couple of glitches but I expected as much since it's a refurb.)

It actually arrived with 7GB RAM and 2TB HDD.  (I guess they traded off 1GB of RAM for 1TB of HDD?) In my experience you always install RAM in pairs or, at least, even numbers.  There are four slots on this machine filled as follows: 2GB+2GB+2GB+1GB.  Just seems odd.

When I first booted up the machine I was getting memory errors every five or ten minutes.  It was a pop-up window saying something like "Cannot write data to memory address xxxxxxxxxx".  I didn't receive a manual, just a single color page with quick set-up instructions including how to reset the system.  I decided to reset the system following their instructions.  The process took about 55 minutes.  The memory errors disappeared.  Problem solved.

The DVD player does not play DVD movies.  It can read a data disk.  It worked fine to install printer software and it plays music CD's.   I may replace the drive in the future.  Amazon support credited me $25 for that purpose.  I can

The last issue, which is ongoing, it that about once a day I get a blue screen (not the "blue screen of death") that says something like "PC encountered a problem and is rebooting...." except that, when it restarts, a DOS screen appears saying "Error 1962: Unable to find operating system".  The popular resolution to this problem (changing the bootup order in the system BIOS) doesn't work on this system..  That solution seems to be appropriate for EUFI BIOS but this machine has what I call "old school" BIOS. 

I provided all this info for those who have purchased or are contemplating purchasing this system.

Mod:  obscured the serial number per Forum guidelines to prevent it's unauthorized use; and removed a second thread with the same information to reduce fragmentation of the forum.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors