cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M91p
Punch Card
Views: 292
Message 1 of 6

ThinkCentre M91p: trying Nvidia PNY Geforce RTX 2070, get Blank screen? (works with recased M92p)

i so far read Lots on this site

i also updated bios

i have Thinkcentre M91p

new big case

New EVGA 750 Watt G2 powersupply

with Geforce 8800 GT works fine

16 GB Ram

i7

i uninstall driver for video then turn off pc install new PNY RTX 2070 turn on get blank screen i have tryed all

ports on new video card DP,digital,HDMI all computer dose boot but get blank screen??

i put old card back in works or use on board vga works fine

any Ideas?? YES i do Now know Geforce2070 is Not on list of working cards but i didnt read this forum before i bought card. i do see GTX1060 on list, Any idea would be greatly appreasiated ?

Mod:  edited to correct GTX2070 to RTX 2070

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 280
Message 2 of 6

Re: m91p trying Nvidia Geforce GTX2070 Blank screen??

That a look at these two threads ..  let us know if any of the suggestions there work: 

New-K450e-Installed-Graphics-Card-2-beeps-Blank-screen

IdeaCentre-H530-upgraded-to-GTX-1050-solved-blank-black-screen

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
M91p
Punch Card
Views: 222
Message 3 of 6

Re: m91p trying Nvidia PNY Geforce GTX2070 Blank screen??

Thanks BiggAl.  I read them few times, looked my Bios.(6-10-2014) i tryed changing to Legacy. No Luck. only other setting my bios has is the Order it looks for video card by slot. pci-e,pci,on board. can set that to just pci-e.   i havent tryed that but other video cards i try are found fine. i"ll try that to rule out everything i can. (the PNY 2070 dont have any switches on it)

I So hoping this PNY Geforce 2070 will work. i bought over month ago i cannot return it now. guess worst case maybe different motherboard if all else fails. (if i can find a 1155 board worth buying).

Since im Not having much luck with Gefprce GTX2070?  i wondering Since Bios much Newer for M92p

if i should try that computer.bios is 12-11-2018   i7, 16GB DDR3, right now it has PNY Geforce GT 740. Since my M91p has 2014 is newest Bios for it. maybe the M92p woud work? (except i would have order the 24-14pin power supply Adaptor) if Others have got 1070 and 1080s to work I think 2070 is allmost exactly same as 1070 just newer this year

M91p
Punch Card
Views: 131
Message 4 of 6

Re: m91p trying Nvidia PNY Geforce RTX2070 Blank screen??

Just figured I post what worked for Me. i tried everything to get PNY GeForce RTX2070 to work in M91P. with No luck so i figured i try in my "M92p" Mainly because the Bios flash Avalible is WAY newer!

i swapped out the small case (from M92p) put it in bigger case, with EVGA G2 750Watt., And the 24 pin to 14 Pin Adaptor for M92p Motherboard. Gladly Monitor turned on FIRST try!! AND Also made me happy was with different PSU the CPU fan Dont spin at full speed like it was doing in M91p.(id Still like to figure that out?)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 119
Message 5 of 6

Re: m91p trying Nvidia PNY Geforce GTX2070 Blank screen??

Which bigger case did you use?  Did all the motherboard mounting points align with the new case?  Any issues connecting the front panel switches and USB ports?  Thx. 

Also, to avoid confusion, the card you are using is a RTX 2070? 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
M91p
Punch Card
Views: 113
Message 6 of 6

Re: m91p trying Nvidia PNY Geforce RTX2070 Blank screen??

i used Corsair Spec 02 case(mid tower) all holes line up.power botton works fine has single wire ends, usbs i haven't hooked up yet thinking might used ones from old case.

PNY RTX 2070 working great, havent got chance test many games yet but couple i did can play at high settings. or epic

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors