cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Firkle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 643
Message 1 of 4

ThinkCentre M91p: will not connect to Dell U2715H monitor via DisplayPort, no signal. (DP ver. 1.1)

My daughter has a M91P model 7052-A9G serial number xxxxxxx running Windows XP SP3 for compatibility with legacy software.  Her existing monitor is connected via VGA and she now wishes to use a Dell U2715H for better definition.

When she connects the new monitor to the display port on the M91P it is not recognised by the system and the video is still only active on the VGA port.

She is 80 miles from me and I support her using Team Viewer which enabled me to switch the desktop display properties to digital but still no output on the Dell so I changed it back to VGA so that she could work.

The new monitor and display port cable has been tested on a friend's computer where it worked OK.

Has anybody met this before and how did you resolve it.

Many thanks, Firkle

Mod:  obscured the serial number to prevent it's unauthorized use; edited the Subject line to expand the problem description

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 631
Message 2 of 4

Re: M91P will not connect to a Dell U2715H monitor via the Display Port

When I Googled for your problem, I found this on the Dell forum.  The built-in Intel graphics on M91p has DP 1.1: 

RE: U2515H - "no signal coming from your computer"

This happened to me when I enabled DP 1.2 option in the menu.

If that is the case, you do not have a DP 1.2 compatible hardware and software/OS. (perhaps if you are using a linux machine)

When your monitor tells no signal... push a menu button for about 10 seconds. It will show you other input sources, keep pushing. Then it will bring a menu to disable DP 1.2. Disable it. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Firkle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 604
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks BiggAl,  I will pass this on to my daughter and ask her to give it a try.

I'll post back when I know the result.

Firkle

Firkle
Fanfold Paper
Views: 564
Message 4 of 4

Thanks BiggAl,

She had a struggle with the monitor to get it into menu mode but eventually turned off 1.2 and got the system to recognise the new monitor corrrectly.

That fixed the proble.

Best regards

Firkle.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors