Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkoB1
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre M91p won't work with AMD R7 250X

Hello everyone! I've tried upgrading my ThinkCentre M91p with a R7 250X graphics card and a 500W PSU. The graphics card is slightly bigger than the one that came with the desktop, if that information is any helpful.

The problem is that the PC turns on, but my monitor doesn't recieve any output. I checked the slots and everything is plugged in as it should be. According to some similar topics, the GPU is too strong for the BIOS. Is there any way to fix this? This is the only graphics card I have.

Thank you!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 174
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M91p won't work with AMD R7 250X

See this recent thread:  Lenovo-m91p-White-List-GPUs

M91p BIOS has two modes, UEFI and a compatibility?  Legacy mode, I suggest you try both.  Also, check that the BIOS setting for the Video Devices is set to [AUTO], or has the Multi-Monitor Support = Enabled.  Otherwise, it may only use the internal graphics, ignoring the card.   

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
MarkoB1
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre M91p won't work with AMD R7 250X

Thanks for the responce, BiggAl! The Video Devices setting was already AUTO, and i couldn't find the Multi-Monitor support setting and neither the BIOS mode. I'm not quite sure what to do now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors