Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dannyr90
Paper Tape
Views: 621
Message 1 of 6

ThinkCentre M92 - Black Screen Blinking Cursor

Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkCentre M92 from a friend and its been working perfectly until recently where was having some issues with booting. I had a look on here if there was any BIOS updates to which there was, so i used Lenovo System Update to do this.

Now i am facing an issue where it will no longer boot at all, i get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner, i've entered the BIOS and done F9 load optimized defaults and then saved and exit makes no difference. i've tried making a bootable USB and CD to flash the bios again but it just keeps loading the same screen no matter what i try.

Could someone please help me as im out of ideas and hope its not broken all together Smiley Sad

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 590
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkCentre M92 - Black Screen Blinking Cursor

Did you follow the directions in the HMM exactly?  Also:  ThinkCentre-Failed-uEFI-BIOS-update-Two-2-beeps-Is-there-any-hope?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Dannyr90
Paper Tape
Views: 586
Message 3 of 6

Hi, yeah i followed everything it said, then when tried to boot afterwards it doesn't get past the blinking cursor.

That link doesn't appear to work

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 580
Message 4 of 6

My bad.  Link fixed.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Highlighted
Dannyr90
Paper Tape
Views: 570
Message 5 of 6

I've just re done what was advised in the manual and still no joy when try boot with the jumper in position 2 and 3 i just get 2 short beeps, when i return to 1 and 2 it boots but then get 2 errors error 0162 - system data integrity check failure & error 0175 - system security - security data corrupted.

If i enter setup and then just save and exit it goes back to the blinking screen

Maakkh
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 6 of 6

Still you have the same problem or solved

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors