Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reeceythelegend
Blue Screen Again
Views: 172
Message 1 of 2

ThinkCentre M92p tiny Won't Boot

I tried updating the BIOS on my M92p tiny and now I don't see the bios screen or any output.

I have tried the BIOS recovery steps in the manual:

- The system doesn't beep after a few minutes with a USB BIOS recovery key (tested and usb is bootable on another pc)

- The system turns on but doesn't show any output or errors

- I burned a BIOS CD but when plugging the CD drive into the internal sata + sata power it doesn't get powered

- I tried the CD drive while being powered from another pc and then plugging the sata in - didn't do anything

- The system will ramp up the fan for a split second and then the fan slows down and the system stays on

- Sometimes the system will reboot a few times and then go off completely. 

- Taking the RAM out gives the RAM error beep code

- The CPU gets hot so it must be powered at least?

- I left the CMOS battery out overnight

I have a vga cable plugged in, it's possible that it's outputting on the displayport so I'm not seeing anything but I find that very unlikely?

Anything I've missed or could try? If not, any idea how much a replacement motherboard is? 

Cheers

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 135
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkCentre M92p tiny Won't Boot

Did you move the jumper when you tried the USB drive and the CD drive:

Anyone-who-could-help-me-with-M92p-Tiny-BIOS-update

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors