Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drh899
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 1 of 9

ThinkCentre M93Z - display issue

Every now and then, the screen for my M93Z will become very fuzzy and the colours will skew towards green(ish). Sometimes, temporarily shutting off the screen fixes the issue, sometimes even switching between programs helps (if say one program was a full screen isntance and then the screen goes completely black while switching).

Any idea how I can solve this? I am wondering if it's an overheating issue, a graphics issue, or a driver issue...

Next time it happens I will take a picture and try to upload it on to here... I tried to screen shot it when it happened but the screenshot picture looks normal :/

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 713
Message 2 of 9

Re: ThinkCentre M93Z - display issue

Sounds more like a heat issue than driver, but to eliminate a driver issue, I would delete and reinstall the Intel Gfx driver from the support page for your system on Lenovo.com.  

You can track the Gfx processor temps using GPU-Z, the max temp for my HD 4600 (same gen as yours) is 32C for normal web browsing.  

Run full system diagnostics.  

drh899
Paper Tape
Views: 664
Message 3 of 9

Hey, I did as you said... it didn't solve the issue.

Temperature appears to hover around 42C even when the only program open is the TechPowerUp GPU. I'm thinking it must be a fan issue. My computer is out of warranty... what's the best way to solve this?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 660
Message 4 of 9

42C shouldn't cause those problems.   We need to know what the temp is when you have the problem, you can run it in the background and it will track the max temp (click on temp, it will give a max temp option.)

drh899
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 5 of 9

Sorry, I've been away on business for the past week or so...

As I am typing this, the screen is doing it's thing (not working properly).

Max temperature is 49C

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 627
Message 6 of 9

Some M93z came with AMD Radeon HD8730A Discrete Graphics, some with Intel, which do you have?   Please give other system details, CPU, memory, OS. 

drh899
Paper Tape
Views: 547
Message 7 of 9

Hey, sorry it has taken me so long to respond, we just moved cities and I started a new job, it's been hectic.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790S @3.20GHz

Graphics card: Intel (R) HD Graphicsn (it says "Integrated Video_without_GPU" on the system details from the                                      original order)

RAM: 4GBx2_PC3-12800_DDR3_SoDIMM

HDD: 500GB+8GB_Hybrid HDD_2.5"_SATA

drh899
Paper Tape
Views: 544
Message 8 of 9

Windows 10 x 64-bit

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 531
Message 9 of 9

As I am typing this, the screen is doing it's thing (not working properly).

Max temperature is 49C

49C is a normal operating temp.   I've seen the Intel processor running internal graphics in my ThinkPad (similar in packaging to a Z) hit 80C under extreme load without seeing any abnormal behavior.  

Since Intel graphics uses main memory, I suggest running a comprehensive memory test, 2 passes of MemTest86.   And check the Event Viewer in Windows for significant errors. 

Top Kudoed Authors