Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoka89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,720
Message 1 of 13

ThinkCentre: Update model and serial number in BIOS

I have Lenovo M57 6075 BQU tower , I want update the bios ! What is the newest bios vertion ??

Mod:  edited Subject line to add system type

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,714
Message 2 of 13
Hoka89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,685
Message 3 of 13

Re: Update Bios

There is more files in page , what file I will use ?
SeniorGuru
Views: 4,672
Message 4 of 13

You've got several choices of methods to apply the BIOS:

(1) download the ISO and burn to CD, and then boot to that CD which will apply the BIOs update running in this standalone state. Also download the corresponding installation instructions and rea/print for reference.

(2) download the "flash from operating system" version, and run it whle running under Windows.  It will start while in Windows, and then trigger a shutdown/restart where it will then kick in at machine boot time to complete the BIOS update.  Again, download and read/print the corresponding installation instructions for reference.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,659
Message 5 of 13

What is your current BIOS level? Most folks avoid the BIOS update if their machine is running AOK.  You can review the .txt readme files at the bottom of the support page for changes made in each BIOS level.

I prefer the burn .ISO image to CD to update my BIOS. 

Hoka89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,653
Message 6 of 13

This is informations about bios is show machine and serial is not valid so I want update bios
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,635
Message 7 of 13

Your BIOS level is 64 current.

The issue remains NO s/n and no machine type and no UUID

Along the line, Motherboard replaced/ machine repair/similar.

I would download the .ISO BIOS update to CD, boot. FIND any selection to update 3 values missing. You  dont need any of these values to boot.

Yes you are reflashing 64 to 64 . Choose an alternative GUI selection if offered.

Report back.

Hoka89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,622
Message 8 of 13

You mean that I need to reflash bois with iso file to fix those issues ???
SeniorGuru
Views: 4,614
Message 9 of 13

When you run the BIOS flash utility (run from either operating system utility, or from ISO burned to CD), when the utility starts it offers you a choice of setting (a) machine type/model, and/or (b) machine serial number. These two values are normally installed by Lenovo at the factory and delivered to you already pre-populated.

If the motherboard is replaced out in the field, it typically arrives without these values pre-installed. The expectation is that the technician will copy the data from the original defective motherboard being replaced into the new one, so that it looks to any low-level Lenovo type software installed in Windows that you are still running with the original motherboard, since these values were part of your original first-time machine warranty registration, etc.

It looks like your motherboard was changed out at some point in the past, but the two values were not entered as expected.  Hence "INVALID".

The BIOS flash utility can be used to manually set those two values along with [re-]flashing the BIOS, assuming you know those two values.  You simply reply Y to the two prompts when asked if you want to set each of them, and then enter the desired value.  Once both prompts are replied to and the values entered, the rest of the normal BIOS flashing process proceeds as it would even if you had replied N to the two prompts.

So by re-running the BIOS flash process, you will be given the opportunity to correct both of those "INVALID" values.  But if you want to do this you have to know what those two values should be.  Typically this information is shown printed on a paper tape label stuck to the back or side or your machine.  You already know that your machine type/model is 6075BQU.  So all you now need to find out is your system serial number, which should be on that small stuck-on label.

Then you can re-run the BIOS flash utility, and reply Y to the two prompts, and you can now enter the two needed values.  The rest of the BIOS re-flash will then run, but no harm to do this.

Refer to this Lenovo document for more information on how to locate your machine type/model and serial number.

Hoka89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,598
Message 10 of 13

Ok I will update the bios with iso file Thanks more Sir

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors