Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparklow
What's DOS?
Views: 6,274
Message 21 of 41

Re: ThinkCentre A60 front panels (power, audio and USB) pinout

To connect a standard case front USB connector to your Lenovo motherboard (I have an M58p) you need to connect the universal type 10 pin case connector to the 12 pin Lenovo MB USB connector. It has been stated earlier in this thread that Lenovo's 12 pin USB connector is standard with addition of two extra grounds, pins 1 and 2. Also it is stated that you can connect the 10 pin USB from a standard case by simply not connecting to pins 1 and 2 on your Lenovo MB. When I did this on my MB the result was no front USB. Placing a standard jumper on pins 1 and 2 of the MB USB connector along with the standard 10 pin case connector fixs this issue. 

Highlighted
Lenovotechie0
Paper Tape
Views: 6,293
Message 22 of 41

M92p Desktop (ThinkCentre) Front Panel Connectors - Help

Hello I own the M92p Desktop (ThinkCentre)/Serial Number: xxxxxxx/Machine Type Model: 3227DU7

I have transplanted the motherboard into a atx case to add a larger power supply. The motherboard is fully functional and only powers on with the existing FPC from the lenovo case

(yeah I have to leave both cases open to power it on, it ain't pretty folks).

The proprietary one piece connector from the lenovo only fits on the motherboard. Although the front panel connectors from the new atx case are the regular [pwrswitch] [hdd led+] [hdd led-] etc.. and do not power on the system.

From my understanding these FPC's are only signal and ground wires, I need the correct combination to power on my system. My question is how do I align the atx case FPC's in order to accomodate the motherboard in the same fashion the FPC's from the Lenovo case do?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Also if anyone could link me to bios and chipset updates for this system I would appreciate it as well.

Mod:  blanked serial number to meet forum security policy

Lenovotechie0
Paper Tape
Views: 6,213
Message 23 of 41

Re: M92p Desktop (ThinkCentre) Front Panel Connectors - Help

Thank you for responding!

The first thing I did was try this guide and I only tested the power switch, without the rest of the FPC's plugged in. The test was a failure. Do I need to have all of the FPC's plugged in? 

Lenovotechie0
Paper Tape
Views: 6,205
Message 24 of 41

I went ahead and plugged all of the FPC's in and I got power. Just gotta figure out how to get the reset switch to work. Although i've got a working button and thats good enough. Thanks BiggAl!
sparklow
What's DOS?
Views: 6,139
Message 25 of 41

If your mainboard connections are like these, you will be able to connect the rest of your new case front panel. I was able to figure out the front panel connections for my M58p mainboard. USB was  connected as per my previous post and audio I connected through the use of a pre-assembled adapter found through an internet seach. Good luck with it! 

Power front panel (black connector)

+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+
| Bk |    |    |    |    |    |    |
| Yl |    | Bk | Gn | Yl | Bk |xxxx|

|  1 |  3 |  5 |  7 |  9 | 11 | 13 |
|  2 |  4 |  6 |  8 | 10 | 12 |xxxx|

Description

1   Black   Disk activiry led ground
2   Yellow  Disk activiry led ground
3           Not connected
4           Not connected
5           Not connected
6   Black   Power led ground
7           Not connected
8   Yellow  Power led signal
9           Not connected
10  Yellow  Power switch signal
11          Not connected
12  Black   Power switch ground
13          Not connected
14          Locked (no pin)

TwiztidRich
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,969
Message 26 of 41

Re: ThinkCentre A60 front panels (power, audio and USB) pinout

Does anyone have this info for the Lenovo IdeaCenter with the K300 Motherboard built in 2012? Sure would appreciate that info.
zanth777
What's DOS?
Views: 5,828
Message 27 of 41

Re: ThinkCentre front panel connector (power, audio and USB) pinouts (A60, M58, M71, M91, M92)

your diagram for converting to intel hd audio had the gray and green wires switched

| BK | bk | Bl |    | Bw |    |XXXX|
| Yl | Rd | Gy | Wh | Gn |    |    |
this one had the left and right channels switched
this way worked for hd audio on intel motherboard.
+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+ | BK | bk | Bl | | Bw | |XXXX| +----+----+----+----+----+----+----+ | Yl | Rd | Gn | Wh | Gy | | | +----+----+----+----+----+----+----+

chiaroscuro2323
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,785
Message 28 of 41

Re: ThinkCentre front panel connector (power, audio and USB) pinouts (A60, M58, M71, M91, M92)

Does this work with Lenovo M91p SFF? And where will I put the reset switch? I am planning to transfer my m91p mobo to a bigger case. I'm assuming that ground means negative (-) and signal means positive (+) Thanks!

AriT
Paper Tape
Views: 5,140
Message 29 of 41

Re: ThinkCentre front panel connector (power, audio and USB) pinouts (A55, A60, M58, M71, M91, M92)

I dont understand any of this. I have the thinkcentre m91p motherboard and i need to know where each front panel connectors go. Maybe 14 squares labeling where each comnector goes. *EDIT* So I got it working with moving the connectors around. When i turn it on nothing shows up on the monitor and after about 10 seconds, the computer just powers off.

boris_sham
What's DOS?
Views: 4,825
Message 30 of 41

Re: ThinkCentre front panel connector (power, audio and USB) pinouts (A55, A60, M58, M71, M91, M92)

joined to say thanks!

i modded my M73 SFF

now it works like a charm

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors