Options

6 Posts

09-14-2016

CH

5 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkCentre - "Auto Power On" (when shut-down)

2016-09-14, 12:24 PM

Hi

I'm looking for a Lenovo ThinkCentre with BIOS-based "auto power on"-feature. This means, if the computer is turend off, it can be configured in the BIOS to start up automatically at a specific weekday and time.

The scenario looks like this: the ThinkCentre will be powering a Kiosk-Display and has therefore to start-up Monday to Saturday at 7am. The system will then be shut-down every evening using windows scheduled tasks. So the start-up has to take place not in stand-by or something but in full shut-down.

Currently we think about using a M58p or a M81 SFF. But I didn't find any information about the capabilities of theses computers to power-on automatically. Therefore I would be very happy if anyone here could help me. Any help would be appreciated, also about how to find in the specs whether or not this feature is available for a specific model or about alternative models supporting the desired functionality.

Regards,

Pekori

Solved! See the solution
Options

4359 Posts

01-01-2012

US

8035 Signins

122133 Page Views

• Views: 122133
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre - "Auto Power On" (when shut-down)

2016-09-14, 14:57 PM

While I can't say for certain, but I think you'll find that all within recent memory ThinkCentre (business-class) systems have this 'Wake on Alarm' feature in their BIOS.  

I would encourge you to get a M81, or similar Intel 'Sandy Bridge' (a big step forward in processor technology) generation system or newer.    And there are many threads and posts here of M58 fan control problems.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

09-14-2016

CH

5 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkCentre - "Auto Power On" (when shut-down)

2016-09-21, 12:08 PM
Hi BiggAl

Thanks a lot for your help and answer! We decided on a M81 SFF. After correct configuration of the BIOS (it's a bit tricky, though, as it's not fully clear) the system boots nicely as it should.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete