Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Thinkcentre A52 CPU Upgrade - resolving BIOS invalid message

by on ‎01-26-2012 08:39 PM (4,223 Views)

Question

I have upgraded my Lenovo A52 Thinkcentre with an Intel Pentium D925 (2 x 3.00)Ghz processor.  My computer is working fine, however there is one slight problem.  When I power on and the system goes through the initial BIOS it displays a message that the BIOS is invalid.  It then displays a number of other messages and finally boots .

Everything then works fine -  BIOS is:  2EKT46A.

Is there a BIOS upgrade that I can use to solve this problem?

Answer

As a prerequisite,  ensure you have the proper CPU.  Only D0 step Pentium Ds will work.

For the D925 the S-Spec number on the face of the processor would be SL9KA. (S-Spec SL9D9 is a C1 step CPU and will not work.) Note: Virtualization will not work on this machine.

If you have a SL9KA CPU, then a BIOs upgrade would be in order. Download the CD rom .iso from the Lenovo support site after entering your model and type number (in the format XXXX-XXX) on the support page, and then navigating to the downloads section, and then expanding the BIOs tab. Flashing the BIOs from within the operating system is not recommended. Burn the .iso file to a CD and reboot with it in the optical drive, and then follow the instructions on screen. When it asks if you want to update the motherboard serial number, or the model and type number select "no".

As long as you have a D0 step CPU installed this should clear up the problems.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
InfoNS
Paper Tape

Mark, can you please tell me what A52 type pc you have?

I'm trying to get my 8153-72g A52 pc Hardware Virtualization ready.

Can I upgrade this 8153-72g pc with Intel Pentium D925 (SL9KA) too?

I tried to get answer here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/A52-8153-72g-hardware-assisted-virtualizatio...

but no luck

Thanks..