Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MH7
Blue Screen Again
Views: 563
Message 1 of 3

Thinkcentre E73 10DS not recognising gfx card Geforce GT 740

Hi all,

Hoping one or two of you may have come across this before and be able to offer a simple solution as I have 20 plus of these to install once / if we can get the test PC working!

We have a mix of Lenovo desktops but to keep things simple let's concentrate on the E73 as above.

I want to install a GFX card capable of powering 3  monitors simultaneously (without VGA) and I am trialling the Nvidia Geforce GT740 (1024MB) as a possible gfx card to do the job.

However, after install the GT740 does not show in device manager even after a scan for changes'. All I am presented with is the standard on board gfx option. I have even tried disabling this but still the GT740 is not detected.

I have tried with the latest drivers from Nvidia and everpy time I am presented with the message:

"NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue"

"The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

The card is powered as the fan is on but I am feeding no further power to it from the PSU (which I assume should not be needed anyway).

This error seems to crop up a lot for various Nvidia GT xxx cards I have noticed through my searches but I've yet to find a definitive solution.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ... 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 528
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre E73 10DS not recognising gfx card Geforce GT 740

I took a look at the Nvidia driver readmes on your system's Lenovo support page, and the Win 7/8 driver readme has a list of supported adapters, the Gt 740 is not on it, but a good number of other Nvidia cards are. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
MH7
Blue Screen Again
Views: 493
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre E73 10DS not recognising gfx card Geforce GT 740

Thanks BiggAl, I see the gfx card is not officially supported for the E73 but wondered if there may be a compatible driver.

This looks promising for instance:

http://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/nvidia-geforce-gt-740/download/271597453/CE516A268ABA4E04A60DF2...

Will try some of those when I get the chance - unless I'm wasting my time?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors