Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
blakumen
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 1 of 5

Thinkcentre M625q (10TF) entry-level chip AMD A9-9420e (1.8 GHZ) upgrade question

Hello guys, I’m looking to upgrade the cpu (AMD A9-9420e Radeon 5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G) of Lenovo Thinkcentre M625q (type 10TF)...no idea which one will be qualify for the motherboard or memory (DDR4) and I don’t want to change the motherboard or the memory. Thanks for helping me. All the best. Regards.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 181
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkcentre M625q (10TF) entry-level chip AMD A9-9420e (1.8 GHZ) upgrade question

This system specs show that this is the only processor supported.  You could try installing a more powerful one, but it most likely won't be recognized:

f-m625q processor.JPG

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
blakumen
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 3 of 5

Re: Thinkcentre M625q (10TF) entry-level chip AMD A9-9420e (1.8 GHZ) upgrade question

From the begining I would like to Thank You !

When I bought recently this mini pc (via kijiji with fresh install and 8gb RAM on it) I didn't expect to much from him...but I did not expect to be so slow, really slow machine who make me thinking to replace Win 10 Pro with Linux Mint on it...or to replace the motherboard with another cpu...no idea which motherboard and for how much money.

Yes...I asked Lenovo support 2 times...keep me to wait and ...lost at the phone...2 (two) of Lenovo support agents tell me (have my serial number) the cpu is upgradable...true, they don't say  I need to replace the motherboard or memory...btw I don't understand why is so difficult to find any info from them.

I'm looking at the pdf file...looks YOU are Right...what is strange is I don't find my model number (000GUS) on it... find 000GCA...believe is the same.

Thanks.

All the best.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 159
Message 4 of 5

If your system has a HDD, replacing or supplementing it with a M.2 PCIe SSD card, like Samsung 970 Evo, would significantly improve performance. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
blakumen
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 5 of 5

Have this on it (https://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd.php?hdd=KBG30ZMT128G%20TOSHIBA) .
On Device Manager...all perfect.
P.S. No games (!) on this device...only usually stuff (internet, netflix/amazon video, email, LibreOffice and so on) .

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors