Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fluxor
Paper Tape
Views: 64
Message 1 of 1

Thinkcentre M77 SFF Power Supply upgrade and cpu cooler bracket & fan questions

Hello, I have a Thinkcentre M77 SFF that I bought off of newegg a few years back. For fun I want to drop a Phenom II x4 965 125w onto the board, which I have just laying around. I was wondering if a cooling bracket would damage the m77 board when applying force? Since the alternate fan I have for the phenom uses clamps and a cooling mount bracket seems to be required Or would the stock fan and heatsink work for the 965?  Also, when it comes to a power supply upgrade are there any more powerful psu out in the markets which would work in the original slim factor case? I can only find 240w replacements online and I am not sure if I will be able to meet the full power requirements when installing the gpu if 240w isn't enough.

The upgrade build plan is.

Phenom II x4 965

2 more 2gb samsung 1333hz sticks (being sent in the mail as I write this)

(I haven't decided yet to add) either a geforce 730 or a 1030 lowprofile

The bracket I ordered is the "Black Cooler Fan Stand Bracket Base for AMD AM2 Socket PC Computer" on newegg

So if anyone can help me to figure all this out I would be grateful. I still plan on putting in the extra ram regardless if I cannot upgrade the cpu. The bracket was fairly cheap and knowing it may not work was in the back of my mind upon purchasing it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors