Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpeak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,309
Message 1 of 2

Thinkcentre M900 Network Driver issue?

I have several Lenovo ThinkCentre M900 desktops deployed at various locations around the country, and they're all having the same issue. For some reason, when attempting to move data over the network, the NIC card drops it's connection. It seems to happen with large transfers most often. Attempting to move the users data from their old PCs to this new one would cause it, as well as downloading drivers off the print server. The connection simply drops and Windows cannot repair or restore it. There's no error log that I can find on it, the only thing that restores the connection is rebooting the machine. This is currently reproducable on 45 machines I have spread across 4 different states, making those data transfers and printer setups impossible, at the moment. Each computer got a BIOS update before leaving here. 

System: Lenovo ThinkCentre M900

Model Number: 10FH-000KUS

BIOS version: 1.7

Any help or insight on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,215
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkcentre M900 Network Driver issue?

Bios 1.7 isn't a valid version, can you use 'sys info'.   I I'm assuming you're refering to the built-in GigE.   What are the M900s connecting into?   Are they running at Gigabit speeds, what cat of cable is used, over what length??  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors