03-12-2018

US

11 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkcentre M910q plugged into TIO 24' 3rd gen - 2nd monitor won't display

2018-03-12, 17:03 PM

I have an M910q that I've setup in a TIO 24' 3rd gen for a user and it works great except for the fact that I can't get a second monitor to display with it.

I have tried to run both a DVI->DisplayPort adapter and normal DisplayPort cable to both the back of the M910q and the bottom of the TIO with no success. I've gone through every monitor option on both the TIO and the second monitor. I tried updating to the latest graphics drivers, running all Thinkcentre updates and windows updates. I tried installing the TIO driver (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/hr/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/THINKCENTRE-TINY-IN-ONE-SERIES/THINKCENTRE-TIO-24/downloads/DS119336) and that didn't help. I went into BIOS and enabled Multi-monitor support with no luck. I tried to use both win+p and going to the "display" menu and clicking detect but it sees nothing there. The second monitor has been confirmed to work on any other machine.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. 

Options

2330 Posts

06-13-2013

US

10655 Signins

56896 Page Views

• Views: 56896
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre M910q plugged into TIO 24' 3rd gen - 2nd monitor won't display

2018-03-13, 2:43 AM

I don't see where DVI comes into the picture.  The M910q doesn't have a DVI connector, and I don't think the TIO monitor has a DVI connector.

But for sure if you want to connect to a Displayport connector on the monitor you MUST be coming from a Displayport connector on the PC.  DP on the PC can feed either DP, DVI or HDMI on the monitor end of the cable.  But DP on the monitor can only be fed from DP on the PC end of the cable.

Anyway, have you enabled the second monitor in Windows, choosing "extend these displays"?  Or does it show to use only monitor 1?  Right-click on desktop, select "secreen resolution".  What shows?

Is the second monitor even showing up as present and recognized, even if it's not enabled yet?  Or do you only see one monitor?

Options

2 Posts

03-12-2018

US

11 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre M910q plugged into TIO 24' 3rd gen - 2nd monitor won't display

2018-03-13, 16:50 PM

To clarify, I have the m910q already docked in the back of the TIO and that is working fine. There is an external HP E231i that has DVI/VGA/DP. I have ran a DVI from here to a DVI->DP adapter with no luck. Same with a normal DP cable. 

I have tried extending but that doesn't do anything and the second monitor is not even detected as being there. This is also in windows 10 so thats what I'm referring to with "Display settings." (screen resolution puts you in the same menu in windows 10) This monitor has been tested on other machines and is working fine.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save