Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scsh4
Paper Tape
Views: 287
Message 1 of 5

Thinkcentre M910x AIO Graphics

I've recently purchased a ThinkCentre M910x (tiny) with the upgraded AMD Radeon RX 460 4GB DDR5 128bit GPU. Along with this, I ordered a ThinkCentre TIO 23.8" Gen3 Monitor. The configuration and setup of the system works beautifully with the exception that using the M910x and the TIO monitor in AIO mode uses the onboard graphics rather than the card I paid for. Has anyone else experienced this issue or found a workaround?

I intended to begin purchasing this as a standardized configuration, but this potential GPU issue will bar that from happening if there isn't a way to get around it.

Lenovo Employee tictac1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 245
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkcentre M910x AIO Graphics

You need a MiniDP to DP Cable (S/N:4C08692) to solve this problem.
Adjust the BIOS setting: Devices->Video Setup->Select Active Video:Auto
Switch from AIO mode to DP mode by pressing the button on front panel

Lenovo Employee tictac1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 243
Message 3 of 5

I have difficulty to upload the photos, so I paste some pictures in attached doc. Hope this helps.

scsh4
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 4 of 5

This was an apparent work-around, but it's only a work-around at best. It seems counterintuitive to purchase an AIO system, which includes a built-in connection from the monitor to a GPU, but that built-in connection doesn't take advantage of the factory upgraded GPU? Essentially, at this point, Lenovo has sold me an over-priced monitor that has convenient storage and power for the computer itself. No one purchases an AIO system, upgrading the GPU, with the expectation that the built-in connection would utilize the upgraded GPU; it seems quite ridiculous to me.

SlippySlappy
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 5 of 5

Wow, that's super disappointing! I literally ordered the M910x with upgraded Radeon graphics last night. I already own the TIO touch monitor and planned to install the M910x in it. It hadn't even crossed my mind that the Radeon display port plugs wouldn't line up with the connection on the monitor. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors