Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angrod01
What's DOS?
Views: 493
Message 1 of 3

Thinkcentre M91p SSD not recognized by BIOS

Hi,

I am trying to add a second drive (250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD) to my M91p but I don't see it in the bios.

I have tried the 4 sata ports and no luck. The SSd works fine, I pluged it to a docking station and I could format it with my windows laptop.  Samsung magician didn't allow me to do anything via USB.

My bios version is 9HKT58AUS 9H45A 06/10/2014

Anybody knows what I could do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 454
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre M91p SSD not recognized by BIOS

I have installed that same Samsung SSD on a M91p (with the same version of BIOS), but not as a second drive.   I replaced my HDD with it, and installed a fresh copy of Win 7 Pro (changing boot mode to legacy to read the Win install DVD.)   That may be what you need to do, and then add the HDD as a second drive. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
crwsmush
What's DOS?
Views: 440
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre M91p SSD not recognized by BIOS

Try installing a media station that takes SSD theres a bay under the rom bay may need to modify. ? im trying to find out what the PCIe 16 bus speed is any answers..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors