cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBaileyBrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 594
Message 1 of 3

Thinkcentre M92 Tiny: optional 3rd video port, unable to make all 3 monitors work concurrently

Okay so I'm stumped with my work terminal.

I'm using a Lenovo M92 (M2121-D5U) and I've been trying for days to extend a third monitor, but have failed at every turn.

I have 3 video ports: VGA, DP (and an exchangable third - currently DP). I have all three monitors plugged in, and using my Intel HD Graphics Options, I can switch between 1/2 - 2/3 - 1/3- etc, etc, but I cannot actually get the display to extend across all three monitors.

My current System Stats:

Windows Version: Pro 10.0.16299

Processor: Intel i5-3470T

BIOS V/Date: 9SKT99AUS 6/30/17

SMBIOS: 2.7

BIOS Mode: Legacy

I've gone into my BIOS and the "Multi-Monitor Support" option in Video doesn't exist, even when I change from AUTO to the Internal Graphics.

Every time that I try to extend the 3rd screen in the native Display Properties I see this error:

The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings.

But like I mentioned, I know that my pc recognizes all three monitors as plugged in, but it won't allow all three to display simultaneously. Does anyone have any thoughts? - I've gone through the Lenovo Updater and even pulled down the BIOS Flash from Lenovo's website, and as far as I can tell I'm up to date on everything.

Mod:  edited Subject line to add Tiny to system type, and to clarify the problem description

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 531
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre M92 Tiny: optional 3rd video port, unable to make all 3 monitors work concurrently

I've gone into my BIOS and the "Multi-Monitor Support" option in Video doesn't exist, even when I change from AUTO to the Internal Graphics.

The "Multi-Monitor Support" is an option in the BIOS for systems that have a PCI slot for a graphics card.  Not applicable for a Tiny system.   That said, having 3 monitors concurrently active with your system (with this Intel processor model) should be possible. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 522
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkcentre M92 Tiny: optional 3rd video port, unable to make all 3 monitors work concurrently

The solution maybe here in this thread, post 20:   M92p-Tiny-2121A4U-and-Three-Monitors

Note that the DP adapter required is ACTIVE, most are Passive.  Unless the part number for yours shows that it's an Active adapter, assume it's passive. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors