Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkotsonas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,460
Message 1 of 5

Thinkcentre M93p desktop BIOS update fail

I reimaged the desktop, and then installed the Lenovo system update. Ran the scan, and tried to update the BIOS - out of all the recommended driver updates, the BIOs was the only one I selected.

It crashed. I let it sit for 30 mins with no progress, so powered the pc off.

Now it won't boot up. Can't get into the BIOS, or F12, or F10 etc... It just beeps 2 times.

Any way to get into the pc to recover it?

Eutechnyx
Punch Card
Views: 1,454
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkcentre M93p desktop BIOS update fail

I can't even imagine, how is it possible to create such awful product and throw it on a market, like M93P series. Almost every single problem with it is because of crappy bios...

Yes, you can recover it. Simply follow the procedure "Recovering from a POST/BIOS update failure" on a page 299 from the user's manual.

You'll need a FAT32 formatted empty flash drive with one single file on it - IMAGEFB.ROM.

jkotsonas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,414
Message 3 of 5

Thanks much for the reply/info.

That pc is so old, it's just destined for the ewaste pile at this point, but that is good info

to have, as I have a bunch of old pcs still in circulation here and will probably run into

this problem again.

YGRIG
Token Ring
Views: 1,392
Message 4 of 5

Come on, it's like 4 years old. Can even be still under warranty if you went with the 5 year upgrade when you bought it.

jkotsonas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,367
Message 5 of 5

That model pc was released in Q1 of 2014. We only do 3 year warranty, so it's long since expired.

And it just doesn't have the necessary components to run all the Adobe Creative Cloud apps, as well as some

of our business specific apps.

When I started at this office (75 people), all of the equipment was seriously old. One by one I've been upgrading

everyone, so I have plenty of old pc's set up to utilize as spares if necessary, so there's no need to invest a bunch

of time I don't have in trying to get an almost 5 year old pc up/running.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors