Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samuelian
What's DOS?
Views: 970
Message 1 of 2

Thinkcentre m91p: full speed CPU fan

Hello,

I recently bought a Thinkcentre m91p desktop. It comes with an Intel Core i5-2400 and a motherboard Lenovo 7052A9G (BIOS 9HKT47AUS - 01/10/2012).

What is strange is that the CPU fan runs almost all the time at full speed. I installed HWMonitor and the CPU temperature is normal, but I noticed that one value, the VR temp, is changing all the time and is very high (around 100°C and sometimes more than 200°C, even at startup).

I'm thinking about buying a Zalman Fanmate in order to control manually the CPU fan, but I would like to know if this is a known problem and if there's a solution to fix this.

Thanks !

FMAranda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 312
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkcentre m91p: full speed CPU fan

Hello!

That might be the thermal sensor that is defective. You can try to unplug it from your motherboard. On M91P, it's located below the front mono speaker. Open the case and follow the cable. Its connector is next to the RAM modules and the motherboard power connector. If you unplug it and see any difference in the fan speed, you have to replace the cable. You can easily find it on eBay, like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-IBM-Thermal-Sensor-Warme-Sense-Kabel-41R2510-41R2511/283262481897?ha...Smiley Tongue

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors