Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GranvilleDSC
Paper Tape
Views: 915
Message 1 of 2

Thinkcentre m92p memory upgrade failed

Just wondering if, and how, I can troubleshoot an oddity I have.

We run a number of this model Lenovo and decided they would be better with 8Gb of RAM, up from the original 4Gb.

All went smoothly until one PC emitted a musical alert on booting after the upgrade, which stopped when I removed the new RAM. I checked I had the new RAM in the correct slot, blue just like the original stick. I tried the suspect stick in the next box and it is fine.

Where do I start looking to find out what is going on?

Regards, Granville.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 887
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkcentre m92p memory upgrade failed

I would repace the original 4GB with upgrade memory, test to see if it boots, and then put original memory into upgrade slot and test, if it fails, that slot is probably bad.   You could use it in the other bank, won't be as fast, but you'll have 8GB.

After any memory upgrade or change, I suggest running a couple of passes of MemTest86, the free version, to ensure all is well.  

MemTest86

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals