Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_Banner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,911
Message 1 of 64

Tiny-In-One 24 & M700 Tiny - Monitor Won't Wake - TIO 23, M900 Tiny

For all of our desktops we have the display set to turn off after 1 hour of inactivity to save power and extend the life of the monitor.  With the Tiny-In-One 24 & M700 Tiny, once the monitor turns off, it won't wake back up by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard.  The Tiny is still running just fine I can remote to it from another machine but even remoting to it and logging in does not wake the screen.  This is with the TIO running in AIO mode.  The only way to wake the screen is to use the user controls on the front of the monitor to switch to DP mode and back to AIO mode.

Is this a know bug?  Running Windows 7 and I've already reinstalled all drivers and ran the lenovo system update utility and everything is up-to-date.  I also set the display to turn off after only a minute to do more testing and about 1 in every 10 tries, the monitor will wake up normally.  The rest of the time I have to use the user controls on the front of the monitor.

Mod:  edited Subject line to reflect the greater scope of the thread

jcbeaty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,840
Message 2 of 64

Re: Tiny-In-One 24 & M700 Tiny - Monitor Won't Wake

In addition to the same exact thing that Banner has, (well I wake it by pressing the power button, it goes off, then press again, it comes on, then move mouse to wake) but in addition to that quite a few of our clients mention that when they sit down at the computer (without touching anything) it immediately goes black, shows AIO Mode in the top left corner and goes back to the normal screen.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,830
Message 3 of 64

Can you both give us more details on the systems and monitor:   exact model numbers, BIOS version and date, OS details.   Thx. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
B_Banner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,827
Message 4 of 64

Tiny-In-One 24 - 10LL-PAR6-US

M700 Tiny - Serial Number: xxxxxxxx - Machine Type: 10HY

Bios on the M700 - FWKT5FA

OS - Windows 7 Enterprise x64

Mod:  Serial no. blanked for security reasons

jcbeaty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,817
Message 5 of 64

Tiny-In-One 24 - 10LL-PAR6-US

M700 Tiny - - Machine Type: 002AUS

Bios on the M700 - Latest BIOS using the Lenovo Solution Center

OS - Windows 7 Pro x64

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,798
Message 6 of 64

@jcbeaty,  can I get the first 4 of the model number, it will be similar to the one prior.   And can you run 'sys info', and give me the BIOS version and date, please. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,791
Message 7 of 64

Qs for the both of you:   The Tiny itself doesn't go to sleep?   You're only turning the monitor off?   Do you have multiples of this configuration, do they all act the same way?  Anyone testing a system with Win 10? 

jcbeaty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,780
Message 8 of 64

It is the same: 10HY FWKT5FA
jcbeaty
Paper Tape
Views: 2,776
Message 9 of 64

I can't tell the difference between the monitor off and the tiny asleep.
"You're only turning the monitor off?" How do I even do that? The power button on the front does more than just turn off the monitor. When I press it, the monitor goes off. When I press it again the second time, it comes on but I have to sign back into Windows.
Multiple configurations, yes. I have to disable sleep mode on all of them, in different environments also.
AND, nobody has said anything about the monitor going black, showing AIO mode and coming back on when the users sits back down at their desk. This happens in multiple locations also.
We don't have any Tiny machines with Win 10.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,771
Message 10 of 64

@jcbeaty wrote:
I can't tell the difference between the monitor off and the tiny asleep.
"You're only turning the monitor off?" How do I even do that?

Poor choice of works on my part, my apologies.  I am trying to ascertain whether only the monitor is waking, or both the system and monitor.   If the system is waking at same time, that introduces more variables.

**  For anyone else with a similar configuration, it would be extremely helpful to know if this is working correctly for them.  Thx.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors