Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Initech
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,051
Message 1 of 3

Tiny in one 23 - on board usb issue

My company recently purchased a few of the new tio 23. Installed a M73 Tiny into the built in dock on the back of the monitor with no issues. Everything related to the tiny works flawlessly. My issue is i connected a laptop (think pad T430s) via the usb 3 connector / display port and then switched over using the front source button , all of the built in usb ports to the monitor no longer function. I switch back to the tiny, everything comes back on. I did load the available driver on the laptop and it does show up as a Tiny in one 23.

There really isn't any support documentation i can find for this product. Any help would be appreciated , thank you.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 2,032
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tiny in one 23 - on board usb issue

Check this: Link and Link

Search for ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One (TIO) 23 (on the top). Look at "USB ports":

"Control features: Mode-switching (TIO mode / standalone monitor mode, switches video/audio/USB input source) "

"USB ports: Front: two USB 3.0 (only when M93/p or M83 installed) or two USB 2.0"

"Side: two USB 2.0, one USB 2.0 upstream port (connect to PC), one mini USB 2.0 port for accessories (on top)"

"The USB ports are only available when a Tiny is istalled or a PC is connected via USB upstream port".

Drivers are available here: LINK

Do you have T430s connected to USB upstream port on monitor?

Disclaimer: I am not Lenovo employee. While I do work for Lenovo Partner, all my contributions are my personal, non-official and not that of Lenovo or my employer.

Initech
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,028
Message 3 of 3

Re: Tiny in one 23 - on board usb issue

Thank you for finding the first link for me, which calls it a USB 2.0 upstream port.  Using a normal ( 2.0) a to b usb cable resolved my issue.

Just fyi to anyone who buys this product : The user manual and the documentation that comes with the product call it a USB 3.0 upstream. The port that is on the actual device is a USB 3.0 port. However when i used a USB 3.0 a to b cable that i had and connected it to a usb 3.0 port on the laptop, the built in usb ports on the monitor would fail everytime when switching modes. Connecting it to a usb 2.0 port on the laptop still using the 3.0 cable caused the same issue. I'm not sure why they have a 3.0 port but it only works with a 2.0 cable. Might be a driver issue.  Thanks again for finding that first link!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors