Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gegetel
Paper Tape
Views: 488
Message 1 of 5

USB-3 driver for M700

Hello all,

Windows 10 x64 was installed and working on my Thinkcentre M700 (10HY0052FR) but I destroyed it when I installed a linux distribution without preliminary precautions. I have made a booting USB key with the Win10_1803_French_x64.iso file from Microsoft and I try to reinstall Windows, but the installer says a driver is missing and it seems to me that it is an USB-3 driver since all the USB ports on this M700 are USB-3 type. This driver is nowhere in the key and I don't find it on Lenovo site.

Please, where do I can download it from?

Thank you, best regards.

calc
Token Ring
Views: 426
Message 2 of 5

Re: USB-3 driver for M700

That seems odd that the driver wouldn't be in default Windows 10.

What tool did you use to make the bootable USB stick? It might have done something wrong. The official Microsoft tool or Rufus should work.

However, if your system came with Windows you should be able to download the restore image from the support website.

Red Hat - SSME
ThinkStation P320 - ThinkCentre m900 Tiny - ThinkPad P50 - ThinkPad Yoga 260
gegetel
Paper Tape
Views: 420
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for this answer, I also thought Microsoft is able to provide every drivers that are needed in the install process.

I made the bootable usbstick using Unetbootin in my linux computer because I don't own any Windows computer. Perhaps this whas not the best way.

A friend of mines have to-day made another key using the microsoft tool. A few days later I shall meet him and I shall retry the installation in the near future.

Best regards

calc
Token Ring
Views: 418
Message 4 of 5

A potential quicker way you could try would be to install Windows into a VM, using the iso, then allowing the VM to access the USB stick to then write the image. I've had to do that a few times in the past.

Red Hat - SSME
ThinkStation P320 - ThinkCentre m900 Tiny - ThinkPad P50 - ThinkPad Yoga 260
gegetel
Paper Tape
Views: 377
Message 5 of 5

Re: USB-3 driver for M700 (solved)

To-day I installed Windows 10 succesfully with my own USB bootable key made on Linux by Unetbootin. This time I prealably formated it with a "Hidden W95 FAT32 (LBA) filesystem" instead of "FAT32". Strange but happy end. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors