11-18-2010 09:48 PM
OK, I don't know what you did before, but it's OK.
Look, backup all your files and use the recovery CD to restore completely your system (that CD cames with preinstalled drivers). After that, run Windows Update.
If nothing has been fixed, so it's very possible that you have a hardware problem.
11-23-2010 12:35 AM
Do you have all the drivers installed on the desktop? You might want to check them out since you have several unknown devices in devmgmt.
11-24-2010 09:20 PM
Thanks! I don't know if those drivers have been installed or not since someone helped me convert the operating system from Vista to XP. I'll send this to him.
I just checked out the device manager again.
Here is the following:
Universal Serial Bus controllers
• Intel(R) 82801G [CH7 Family] USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
• Intel(R) 82801G [CH7 Family] USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
• Intel(R) 82801G [CH7 Family] USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
• Intel(R) 82801G [CH7 Family] USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
• Intel(R) 82801G [CH7 Family] USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC
Device Status (all above):
This device is working properly.
Any idea or suggestion?
12-02-2010 11:10 AM
I had similar problem, went to yellow flagged entry in hardware screen, right clicked and clicked update driver. Had to do every flagged item. May be problem in xp pro. Never got any answer from help desk. Any time I change device, I go back to samething. Worked with home edition
12-02-2010 10:11 PM
12-05-2010 08:34 PM
Just found the answers.
Tried to do the recovery again. It finally works.