AU

3 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 3

Unable to Flash Bios m92p Tiny

2018-07-11, 23:34 PM

hi,

hope somebody  is able to help as to why i am unable to flash to the latest bios from a bootable USB flash drive(DOS)  the bios the machine is on is  9SKT33AUS  with boot block revision 9S33A. and i would like to update to the latest which is 9SKT9AA available from HERE

when I i try to let the batch file run or even try manually  - i get the following error message (after the afudos.exe  IMAGE9S.CAP /p /r)

49 - Error: A platform condition has prevented flashing.

This also cause a a hard lock and keyboard becomes unresponsive

not to sure whats casuing this  - i changed the bios to boot into leagcy mode and still get this. even tried flashing from within windows 7 (x64) as administrator...running the FLASH.CMD script and afuwin.exe throws a

10 - Error: Unable to load driver

would really appreciate some help  - as i updated another m92p Tiny and then went straight forward.

thanks

attached some pic for reference.

Options

2 Posts

07-11-2018

AU

3 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to Flash Bios m92p Tiny

2018-07-12, 3:04 AM

UPdate:

got it sorted :smileyhappy:  - had to create a bootable Dos USB disk again  but this time only copied  afudos.exe and the  bios image file to the USB (thats it; nothing else)  I actually updated it in two fold steps 1st updated to 9SKT42AUS by extracting the bios file from this ISO. Then got the latest one as per prev. post.

* USB disk was created from win98sys files and HPUSBFW.exe  i.e. very light weight with only the above two files being moved to the USB, you can then backup current ROM and flash using the appropriate  switch --> /p 

thanks.

Options

1 Posts

05-10-2019

US

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to Flash Bios m92p Tiny

2019-05-10, 11:42 AM

Above did not work for me.
Only way to upgrade from 9SKT33AUS to 9SKT9CAUS was via CMOS reset.
I put a single IMAGE9S.CAP file in FAT32 formatted USB flash drive, connected drive to computer, switched CMOS CLEAR jumper to "clear" position and switched on computer.
When programming process ends, switched computer off and put a jumper back to normal operation position.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete