AF

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

A340 AIO: Unable to power on

2020-08-05, 11:12 AM

Hi.

I took delivery of an IdeaCentre A340 yesterday. Serial Number is *********.  I am running windows 10 home and am in UK

All was working fine last night when I set it up and it restarted several times and powered on off several times with no issues

When I went to switch it on again this morning, the power light came on for a few seconds then went off. Nothing appeared on the screen. Tried to power on repeatedly, all with the same result

What I have already tried -

check all power cables are connected and secure

tried a different wall socket, known to work

after checking several internet forums, the following was suggested for Lenovo desktops that dont power on - do a power drain. disconnect from the mains, hold the power button for 60 seconds, leave for 30 seconds, then hold again for 60 seconds.

It still wont power on

I have made no changes to hardware at all, but did the following when setting it up

configured microsoft account

deleted supplied trial version of MacAfee and installed Norton 360 (I have a multi-seat licence)

deleted Lenovo Vantage to free memory and disk space (I can do my own updates)

orum 

The machine worked okay after all these including power on and off several times

any assistance you can render would be appreciated. I dont want to contact PC World, the seller, as all they will do ask for it to be sent back and replace it, and I need the computer now (if possible) !

Mod:  edited to add system type to Subject line; and obscure serial number to prevent it's unauthorized use (per Forum Guidelines.)  

Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

79 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:A340 AIO: Unable to power on

2020-08-07, 13:45 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

I would call Lenovo support (go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with serial number, then find the pane, contact us).

If the static discharge did not work, i would think the unit would have to be declared as DOA unless they have a trick up their sleaves.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

08-10-2020

SG

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-08-10, 2:13 AM

Hi. Im using IdeaCentre A340 AIO desktop. Due some unproper shut down the system has some faulty issue asking to do a recovery. When i did the recovery it asking me the Recovery Key. How to get my recovery key? Please assist me on this.

Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

79 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-08-10, 8:12 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

Is it asking for the Bitlocker recovery key?

If yes, see this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete