Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bumboola
Punch Card
Views: 400
Message 1 of 2

Unable to use external wifi network adapter

I just received a ThinkCentre X1 and it is placed in a room without a good wifi signal, I connected my external wifi card and I am now getting much better reception. The problem is, everytime I try to connect to the internet (using any of my browsers) the computer detects some type of error and forces a restart. The error code is listed as BAD POOL HEADER. I called technical support, they had me run a diagnostic and everything came up fine. I am back to using the internal card and it works fine but I am getting very poor reception. The external network card works perfectly on my other PC. Any idea on what the problem is? Technical support offered absolutely no help in resolving this.

Mod:  edited Subject line to add 'wifi'

bumboola
Punch Card
Views: 353
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to use external network adapter

For anybody else that had this problem it turned out to be the "web access control" function of Malwarebytes that was causing the issue, once it was uninstalled the external network adapter worked perfectly. Because Malwarebytes was installed before the external network adapter was it was blocking it, I suspect that if I reinstalled Malwarebytes it would work fine now but I have not tried that yet. I was told by the manufacturer that they have come across the same type of problem with other antivirus programs.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors