Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhizhi
What's DOS?
Views: 9,612
Message 1 of 3

Unknown device on Intel® ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810

I have thinkcentre M55 P/N is 8807-93U

There is problem in installing driver with XP Pro. There is question mark in the device manager.

It is said "Unknown device on Intel® ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810".

When I took a look at resource, the unknown device is just undernearth system speaker and system clock.

This issue has bothered me for a long time. Please help!!!

Thank you

Guru
Views: 6,318
Message 2 of 3

Betreff: Unknown device on Intel® ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810

I habe the same issue (XP, Service Pack 3) on ThinkCentre M55 (8811) but shown under "other devices".

Device ACPI\BCM0102\1

Broadcom network-device driver is installed as well as "RAID" (SATA-driver) and Trusted Platform Module.

The poor new support Smiley Mad sites do not show the Site "Unknown Devices after installing Windows XP with" and the search leads to anything else containing "unknown" or "device".

No "Installing Windows XP on ThinkCentre M55." can be found but a manual how to upgrade to Vista.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
Guru
Views: 6,269
Message 3 of 3

Betreff: Unknown device on Intel® ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810

Problem solved:

The driver matrix page of ThinkCentre M55 works fine now:

It also contains the Trusted Platform Module (much more better than the downloadpage over "Quick Path")

The installation instructions contain an error - don't belive what Lenovo had written there:

Lenovo wrote under "Install driver":

Type c:\swtools\drivers\TPM\Q3TPM07US13\setup.exe, then click OK.

But the folder c:\swtools\drivers\TPM\Q3TPM07US13 dows not contain the setup.exe.

You'll have to run Type c:\swtools\drivers\TPM\Q3TPM07US13\<architecture>\setup.exe, then click OK.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors