Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rus4u
What's DOS?
Views: 419
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade Lenovo Think Centre m91p as it's super slow

Hello,

I need to upgrade my Lenovo Think Centre m91p as it's super slow even after re-installing OS.

This is what I have kiss_16kb.1518470961

I have already upgraded RAM to make it 6GB but that almost made no difference, but if I update CPU to Intel® Core i7-2600 Processor what that speed up the PC a lot?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 399
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrade Lenovo Think Centre m91p as it's super slow

A i7-2600 is about 20% faster than a i5-2500S, but I don't believe that sort of difference will change a super slow system into a fast, or even an acceptable, system.  You could have a hardware fault that is slowing the system down, or an OS problem.  A good first step might be to benchmark your system, using a tool such as PassMark, and compare the performance of your individual components against others of the same spec, looking for discrepancies. 

rus4u
What's DOS?
Views: 370
Message 3 of 4

This for your reply.

I have run the test and this is what it gave me

oV4Ol8

any advise?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 367
Message 4 of 4

Now use that app to search for other i5-2500S systems, and compare the results.  Go to 'Manage Baselines' > 'Simple or Advanced Search' > search on i5-2500S.  (look for systems with similar specs -- graphics card, ssd -- or lack there of.)  If yours is significantly lower than what you find, then compare the individual component results, start with disk drive results. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors