Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rus4u
What's DOS?
Views: 714
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade Lenovo Think Centre m91p as it's super slow

Hello,

I need to upgrade my Lenovo Think Centre m91p as it's super slow even after re-installing OS.

This is what I have kiss_16kb.1518470961

I have already upgraded RAM to make it 6GB but that almost made no difference, but if I update CPU to Intel® Core i7-2600 Processor what that speed up the PC a lot?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 694
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrade Lenovo Think Centre m91p as it's super slow

A i7-2600 is about 20% faster than a i5-2500S, but I don't believe that sort of difference will change a super slow system into a fast, or even an acceptable, system.  You could have a hardware fault that is slowing the system down, or an OS problem.  A good first step might be to benchmark your system, using a tool such as PassMark, and compare the performance of your individual components against others of the same spec, looking for discrepancies. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
rus4u
What's DOS?
Views: 665
Message 3 of 4

This for your reply.

I have run the test and this is what it gave me

oV4Ol8

any advise?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 662
Message 4 of 4

Now use that app to search for other i5-2500S systems, and compare the results.  Go to 'Manage Baselines' > 'Simple or Advanced Search' > search on i5-2500S.  (look for systems with similar specs -- graphics card, ssd -- or lack there of.)  If yours is significantly lower than what you find, then compare the individual component results, start with disk drive results. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors