Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CKay_
Paper Tape
Views: 792
Message 1 of 2

Upgrading Lenovo M800 Tower Help

Not long ago I purchased an M800 Tower PC. Now I am looking to upgrade some of its parts for gaming. The power supply currently is 250W a FSP250-30AGBAA (or is it SP50A36171, I can't tell). The motherboard is an iq1x0ms, which I would rather not change. My problem is I am looking to install an EVGA gtx 1060 GPU, but am not sure if:

a) it will fit the motherboard

b) the power supply is adequate or needs to be upgraded

c) I will need some sort of 24-pin to 10-pin adapter to fit an alternate power supply to the motherboard.

P.S: as a side note I don't believe the current power supply has the connectors needed to install a GPU anyway.

Please help, thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 766
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrading Lenovo M800 Tower Help

a)   measure the card slot length, every generation ThinkCentre can be different, and compare to the measurements in the card specs

b)  needs to be upgraded for a 1060

c)  see this thread, it's beneficial to get a semi-modular supply, EVGA and Corsair are 2 brands to consider:  M700 M800 M900 Tower: upgrade power supply PSU (with a standard aftermarket supply)

I also suggest adding ventilated PCI slot covers to supply the graphics card directly with more cooler outside air.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors