Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mystery_Forever
Paper Tape
Views: 1,126
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading my M58p PC for Windows 10

So I have this problem that some of my programs do not work because of this error:

Pixel format not accelerated

I found that this problem has something to do with the Video Card. But because I have

Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) video card, there are no drivers updates for windows 10 which means I either I get a new video card, or downgrade back to Win 7 (Which I do not want.)

SO the only option is to upgrade my video cards, but sadly I don't know which ones are compatible and which ones are not. This is what I need help on.

The PC details are attached.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,090
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading my M58p PC for Windows 10

Search here, and google the Internet, for what cards were successfully used with a M58p.   And bear in mind your BIOS is from 2010, probably only older generation cards will work. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Mystery_Forever
Paper Tape
Views: 1,053
Message 3 of 4

So what you are saying is that since my BIOS is from 2010, I cannot get Video Cards that will run perfectly with Windows 10 unless I upgrade my BIOS too?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,021
Message 4 of 4

Not quite.   When you search above for 'M58p, Graphics', you'll read that there's a white list, unpublished, of what cards will work with your system (the BIOS.)   Which is further compounded by the age of the system and BIOS, newer generations of a card that's known to work are not guaranteed to work (since those cards didn't exist when the BIOS was written.)  

I suggest you research what cards are known to work with your system, pick the best, and verify that Win 10 drivers are available from Nvidia or AMD.   If a card is no longer available, you may need to buy an old stock new card, or a used card, from Ebay. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors