Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pluto8448
Paper Tape
Views: 798
Message 1 of 9

VGA on M900 doesn't work

It's a brand new M900 Mini Tower - i7 and ThinkVision T2224p 21.5-inch WVA LED Bac. The monitor will go to power saving mode shortly after booting up the machine. I don't have a DVI cable so I couldn't test the port from the graphic card.

I would still VGA to re-install the machine wouldn't I?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 765
Message 2 of 9

Re: VGA on M900 doesn't work

So it shows the splash screen (Lenovo in white on a black background) before going to sleep?   By chance, is there a card in the expanstion slots with ports similar to the built-in video ports?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
pluto8448
Paper Tape
Views: 763
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply. The monitor shows ThinkVision logo, then went into black with "power saving"(can't remember exact words). After a few seconds, the monitor power indicator goes to amber.

Well the graphic card has a DVI and a DP interfaces. ThinkVision 2224p doesn't have a DVI though. Bought a DP cable online, need to wait until it comes.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 760
Message 4 of 9

The built-in VGA is not working because the system is set to run the video with the graphics card (for better performance.)   We can change it to run with internal graphics until you get your DP cable.

At system power-on, hit F1 repeatedly until it enters BIOS setup, change the display to IGP (internal), F10 to save and exit.   VGA should now be active.  It's a variation on this:

Enabling multiple monitor support: ThinkCentre Edge 71 - M900

**  After you get the cable, change back to Auto or EGP and connect the DP cable to the port on the card (not the built-in ports.)  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
pluto8448
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 5 of 9

Neither DP nor DVI (via dvi-to-vga adapter) works.

I'm in complete dark now

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 727
Message 6 of 9

I suggest you call in a trouble ticket on it.  

pluto8448
Paper Tape
Views: 712
Message 7 of 9

Yes. Had logged a case. An engineer visit was scheduled today, but got rescheduled to 23rd Dec. I just had enough and requested refund. Not sure if this is another long long journey.

photodb
Serial Port
Views: 699
Message 8 of 9

I just had identical issue on my M800.  The VGA port won't work because of the display port card installed.  If you'll open the case and remove the plugged in Display Port card, then your VGA will work.  It did on mine.  

Terrible way to ship out machines but that fixed the issue until I was able to get Display Port to HDMI converters for my screens.

Good luck.

pluto8448
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 9 of 9

The only display cable comes with ThinkVision is VGA, and this doesn't work on the other side. Hmm.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors